It is estimated that between 15 to 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction. About 150 million men worldwide suffer from erectile dysfunction. Impotence is such a touchy subject for men and their wives to talk about. It’s an embarrassing and uncomfortable subject to talk about. There is help. The purpose of this website is to provide you with information that you need to know about impotence such as…
- Discover what impotence really is
- Look at the pros and cons of pharmaceutical treatments
- Discover emotional treatments that will determine if the main cause is physiological or psychological
- Discuss medical procedures to correct impotence such as penile implants and surgery
- Look at how physical health and oral health impact impotence
Impotence, known as erectile dysfunction, is the inability to obtain or maintain an erection long enough to engage in sexual intercourse and/or failure to maintain an erection while having sexual intercourse.
Let’s face it, sometimes you just may not be in the mood. You may be physically or mentally tired, which may cause you not to perform. It’s happens to the best of them. However, if you are unable to achieve an erection at least half of the time, you may suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Signs And Symptoms
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Decreased sexual desire
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Requiring direct contact with penis to achieve an erection
- Difficulty keeping an erection
- Difficulty experiencing an orgasm
There is such a thing as temporary erectile dysfunction. Some men may experience temporary erectile dysfunction for the following reasons…
- Bicycling-prolonged bicycling may affect the nerves in the genital area as well as impede blow flow to the penis.
- Fatigue-it’s hard to get it up or keep it up when you are exhausted.
- Condoms-it’s difficult for some men to keep an erection when using condoms. The “I can’t feel anything” statement may be true. This is particularly true when they are not used to wearing one.
- Stress-sex is mental. Being stressed out could cause you to tap out.
- Inadequate communication-the failure to effectively communicate with your mate can lead to problems in the bedroom.
- Drugs-certain over the counter drugs could delay erection.
- Alcohol-A drink or two might not cause problems. However, excessive alcohol consumption slows sexual response.
How long will temporary erectile dysfunction last?
That depends on how long it takes you to change the reasons why you may be experiencing temporary erectile dysfunction. It could be one week to one year. If problems persist, schedule an appointment with your physician.